Reopening Our Schools—Safely!
Opening our schools in the time of COVID-19 is a big responsibility, and we’re up to the challenge. Click here to read our plan and learn about all the things we’re doing to keep students and staff safe.
At the request of the NYS Department of Health, we hosted three videoconference and teleconference meetings to provide information on the reopening plan, address any concerns the public had about health and safety protocols in the time of COVID-19, and answer questions. During these meetings, we emphasized topics covered in the following three documents:
For more information, please review our reopening handbooks for parents:
- Early Learning Center Reopening Handbook for Parents
- Neil Hellman School Reopenng Handbook for Parents
- School at Northeast Reopening Handbook for Parents
NOTE: These plans were developed in consultation with regulatory and oversight bodies including local county departments of health. As the situation evolves and we continue to work in partnership with these bodies, our protocols may change.
Required documents for school families:
- Daily Parent Screening
- Infectious Disease/COVID-19 Health Policy
- Parent-to-School Communication Plan
- Request for Change in Student Status