As one of the region’s leading human services organizations with 60+ programs and services, 1,400 employees, 40+ locations throughout New York state, Northern Rivers Family of Services is a fantastic place to grow in your career. We provide the training, mentorship, support, and opportunities to help you grow into the professional you want to be. Following are just a few examples of employees who have taken their career journey within this organization. (Check back again; new profiles regularly added.)
SATRI, Director of Training and Research
Northern Rivers, Albany
Joined in 2000
- Director of Training and Research, SATRI
- Senior Director of Residential Services, Parsons, Residential Division
- Director, Community Residence, Parsons, Residential Division
- Program Coordinator, Parsons, Residential Division
- Social Worker, Parsons, Residential Division
- With Northern Rivers for 23 years in positions of increasing responsibility, Jillian says, “I love the work the organization does.”
- Opportunities exist for people to advance; Northern Rivers recognizes, encourages, and develops staffers' professional skill. Jillian has developed training and leadership skills in residential roles as well as now at SATRI.
- SATRI helps staff be good at what they do through their extensive training offerings; trainings also support child and family social services workers across the state.
Health Home Care Management Program, Program Director
Northern Rivers, Gloversville
Joined in 2009
- Program Director, Health Home Care Management program, Northern Rivers
- Regional Coordinator, HCBSW, B2H, HHCM Programs (Home- and Community-Based Services Waiver, Bridges to Health, Health Home Care Management), Northern Rivers
- Individualized Care Coordinator Supervisor, HCBSW Program, Parsons, Community Services Division, Parsons
- With Northern Rivers for more than 14 years, David says, “It’s home for me. I love it.”
- David sees his supervisory role as critical to offer the best program to the children they serve and to help staff do their best work with the children.
- Northern Rivers features great frontline workers, supervisors, encouragement, training, flexibility, and additional opportunities.
Director of Foster Parent Recruitment and Retention
Joined in 2011
- Recruitment Coordinator, Northern Rivers
- With the organization’s support, Star was able to complete her master’s degree; she encourages others to consider how the agency can offer support through educational opportunities.
- Star was chosen during the initial development of Northern Rivers to participate in workgroups to determine how to best combine and streamline the foster parent recruitment and retentions efforts of both affiliates.
Senior Director of Foster Care
Northeast, Parsons, Northern Rivers
Joined in 2009
- Director of Foster Parent Recruitment and Retention, Northeast, Northern Rivers
- Program Coordinator, Queensbury Office, Therapeutic Foster Family Program, Northeast, Northern Rivers
- Master's Level Clinician for Washington County, Intensive Aftercare and Prevention Program, Northeast
- Colleen has had three significant promotions in her years at Northern Rivers, which she feels recognizes her hard work as well as the organization's support, encouragement, and training.
- Great supervisors have made a difference for Colleen, challenging her to think critically and as a result to grow as a leader and as a person.
- Colleen addresses the geographical distance of the seven foster care offices by going to them to meet face to face, pulling groups together for peer support, and encouraging all to bring their different strengths to a situation.
Education Division, Executive Program Director
Early Learning Center, Schenectady
Joined in 2001
- Executive Program Director, Northern Rivers Early Learning Center
- Senior Director, Northern Rivers Early Learning Center
- Director, Northern Rivers Early Learning Center
- Assistant Director, Parsons Early Head Start
- Center Coordinator, Parsons Early Head Start
- After more than two decades in the Northern Rivers family, Sharon loves her work now more than ever.
- During her time at Northern Rivers, Sharon has benefitted from the Northern Rivers commitment to promoting from within, and has advanced in her career multiple times over the years.
- With each step in her career progression, Sharon stresses that she has felt prepared and ready to be successful in her next position.